Invercargill charity fundraising event
- 6:00 pm On Thursday 30 March 2023 Until 9:00 pm On Thursday 30 March 2023
Enjoy the fun of cruising through Southland in style. Take part in the Begg’s Barmy Rally: with proceeds to be donated to charity Cure Kids.
Your ticket entitles you to one seat in your vehicle.
- A family-friendly festival NZ atmosphere: the rally is fun for all ages
- Classic car event: admire some of the best wheels from decades past from the comfort of your own vehicle
- No classic? No problem! Honda, Toyota or Isuzu - we want all of you!
- Tickets are per person: supply your own vehicle (non-classic cars are more than welcome)
- Under 16s are free
- All Begg's Barmy Rally ticket sales will be donated to New Zealand children's charity Cure Kids, which aims to address health issues faced by our tamariki: including carrying on George Begg's legacy of helping to prevent sudden unexplained death in infancy (SUDI)
Suit up for the event
Dressing up is the best part! Embrace the retro style and spirit of the George Begg Festival. Come along to the Begg's Barmy Rally kitted out in your favourite vintage fashion.
Family festival NZ fun: more about the Begg's Barmy Rally
The George Begg Festival is fun for all ages! If you're looking for things to do in Invercargill with the whole family, you won't want to miss this. Want to know more about the family-friendly event Begg's Barmy Army Car Rally?
All participants must be assembled at our inner-city meeting point by 5.30pm. Further details confirming the exact location will be sent to you closer to the rally. To gain access to the event, please present this ticket confirmation upon arrival at the assembly point.
This family-friendly event is perfect for all ages! Grab a group of your family or friends, and come and be part of the fun.
All proceeds from ticket sales to the Begg's Barmy Car Rally will be donated to a New Zealand-based children's charity Cure Kids. We know the legendary George Begg would approve: he was not only an incredible innovator, but a generous philanthropist too.
We've devised a special touring route throughout the beautiful region of Southland Murihiku. Here's a hint: we'll be going to the Maranello of the south.
Yes! Please come along in your own vehicle - and make sure your petrol tank is full.
Yes, everybody in your vehicle will need an individual ticket to take part. Children aged under 16 years old are free, though, so it's the perfect Invercargill activity for the whole family to enjoy.
No, the Begg's Barmy Car Rally is not just for classic cars. We want this Invercargill event to be an inclusive experience, and what better way to kick off the George Begg Festival than getting everybody out in full force? Feel free to come in whatever kind of vehicle you choose: whether it's a classic car or not.