Fun activities for kids in Invercargill
- 1:00 pm - 1:15 pm,On Saturday 1 April 2023 Until Sunday 2 April 2023
Forget the NZ classic car event happening nearby: for the little ones, the pedal car race is where it's at. Let them live out their wildest Lightning McQueen dreams and create memories that will last forever at the George Begg Festival.
This is your little one’s only chance to take a spin behind the wheel of one of the vintage pedal cars, normally housed in the world-class Bill Richardson Transport World.
With a podium finish, prizes, and a whole bunch of fun, this is one off-track activity your whole whānau will love.
Don't forget to dress up!
- The pedal car race is strictly limited to 10 children per day. First in, first served.
- If your child wants to get involved in the pedal car race, be sure to be ready and waiting at the designated assembly area before 11.40am
- Children must be aged between 3 - 5 years old: and their ability to race is subject to a height restriction. Sorry, but these vehicles are pretty wee!
- Participants must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times, and you will need to sign a waiver on your child’s behalf
- There’ll be prizes for our winners, plus a podium finish
- Other terms and conditions may apply; and we reserve the right to amend this until the day of the event.
Family festival NZ fun: kids activities Invercargill
If you're looking for kids activities here in Invercargill, you've come to the right place. The George Begg Festival is a family-friendly event guests of all ages will love. One of the surefire highlights for little ones? Our retro pedal car race on the track at Teretonga Park is bound to delight.
Children aged between 3 and 5 who have a valid ticket to the George Begg Festival are welcome to enter. There will be a height restriction: sorry, but these cars are pretty wee!
Thanks to the team at Bill Richardson Transport World, we will have a limited number of retro pedal cars available for children to race in.
However, it's strictly first in first served: we may not be able to cater to everybody wishing to take part. If your child wants to get involved in the pedal car race, be sure to be ready and waiting at the designated assembly area before 11.40am.
Yes; however, to be allowed to enter, you will need to sign a waiver.
The George Begg Festival will follow all Motorsport NZ protocols extremely strictly, including during the pedal car race.
The pedal car race will take place on the track at Teretonga Park, however it will happen during a scheduled break in racing and all competitors will be advised the time this is taking place. No other moving vehicles will be in the vicinity during the pedal car race.
However, as throughout the duration of the festival, guests are reminded this is a live motorsport event. It is vital that all attendees, including the children taking part in the pedal car race, follow all officials' instructions at all time.
Put simply, they're the cutest little cars you ever did see!
Our pedal cars are miniature vehicles powered by little legs only. They feature steering wheels, but they do not have motors, brakes, or gears.
- The pedal car race is for children, with valid George Begg Festival tickets, aged between 3 and 5 years old only
- There will be a height restriction: sorry, but these cars are pretty wee!
- The rules are simple: ready, set go!
- Children must not come into contact with other pedal car race participants. If they do, they may be disqualified from the race.
We will have 20 pedal cars on-site only: and participants will be allowed to enter on a strictly first-come, first-served basis.
Please ensure you are ready and waiting at the assembly area before 11.40am.
We are not able to accommodate those wishing to participate if they are not among the first 20 entrants.