- 12:45 pm - 2:00 pm,On Saturday 1 April 2023 Until Sunday 2 April 2023
Start your engines: and get ready to see a smorgasbord of classic vehicles take to the track at Teretonga Park.
Our retro motorsport event is all about celebrating a golden age gone by. During the lunch break, there will still be plenty of action and entertainment happening nearby.
Races, parades and demos
- Porsche-only race (proudly brought to you by Porsche New Zealand)
- Ford-only race (proudly brought to you by Ford New Zealand)
- Motorbike demonstration (proudly brought to you by Classic Motorcycle Mecca)
- Classic tractor race (proudly brought to you by Harcourts Invercargill)
- Begg race
- Feel The Noise demonstration (proudly brought to you by CBRE)
Frequently asked questions
During the lunch break, don't worry - there will still be plenty of action happening on the track. Find out more about the vehicle demonstrations you can expect to be entertained by during the George Begg Festival.
Get ready for plenty of action: we've got a variety of vehicle demonstrations set to keep the crowds entertained during the lunch break.
You'll get to enjoy the following demonstrations:
- Begg race
- Classic tractor race
- Porsche parade
- Motorbike race
- Ford parade
- Feel The Noise demonstration: featuring the dulcet tones of V12s, V10s, V8s, V6s, BDAs and Rotary engines
Stay tuned for more details: keep checking our website, and make sure you follow the George Begg Festival Facebook page here.
The epicentre of the action - on the track at Teretonga Park!
Timings at events like these always need to be a little bit flexible, but the vehicle demonstrations will take place between 12.45pm - 2pm: the lunch break between competitive races.
The order of events is as follows:
1. Porsche parade
2. Motorbike demonstration
3. Tractor race
4. Begg racecar demonstration
5. Ford parade
6. Feel The Noise