At George Begg Festival, we respect your privacy and will comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 when dealing with personal information. To enable us to provide certain services to you at George Begg Festival, we may need to collect some personal information from you.
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
We will collect personal information from you if necessary. We will only collect personal information from you that is necessary to deliver the goods and/or services you have requested from us.
The type of personal information we collect will vary depending on the service or product we are providing to you, however it may include:
- Your name
- Your contact details, such as your telephone number, email address and postal address
- Your billing information
- Your location
- Your photo
- Computer or network / IP address
- Your age
- Your gender
- Any health conditions, disabilities or dietary requirements you tell us about
- Any personal opinions you tell us about
You don’t have to provide us with any personal information if you don’t want to. However, without certain items of personal information, we may be unable to provide the goods or services you have requested.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect any personal information which you provide to us via our website, over the phone, by email, in one of our survey booths, or in person. We may collect personal information when you visit our websites, even if you do not end up booking any of our services.
We may also collect personal information from third parties where you have authorised this, for example from travel agents and online booking providers, or where the information is publicly available.
HOW WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE USED?
We will use your personal information:
- To provide services and products you have requested, and to contact you in relation to them.
- To verify your identity.
- To bill you and to collect any money that you owe us, including processing credit or debit card transactions.
- To improve our products and services based on your feedback.
- To include photos and videos of events and attractions on our website, social media and other promotional material. You can object to the use of your image if you wish.
- To market our services and products to you, including by text or email and via Facebook, Google and other third-party advertisers. We will immediately remove you from any mailing list if you request it. You can review your Google advertisement settings at http://www.google.com/settings/ads and your Facebook advertisement settings at https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/.
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim.
- For any other purpose authorised by you or under the Privacy Act 1993 or any subsequent legislation replacing it.
HOW WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE PROTECTED?
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised disclosure, or other misuse.
We keep your personal information safe by storing it in a password-protected Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and only allowing certain staff to access it.
WHO WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
Your personal information will be shared within the Transport World group of attractions for marketing purposes. Your personal information will be shared with our staff, as necessary, as well as with certain third-party suppliers which support our services. These suppliers include (but are not limited to):
- IBIS Technology Ltd – an online booking system provider.
- Priarva – an online events booking and contact management system.
- Windcave – to process payments and orders.
- New Zealand Post – to ship goods.
- ActiveCampaign – an email marketing and CRM system.
- SurveyMonkey – to send requests for feedback and surveys.
- MASH Catering/Transport World Catering – for catering services.
- Preno – for our front desk and online booking system at The Lodges.
- Google via Google Analytics software – to help our website function effectively.
- Any party which hosts or maintains our website and IT system.
- Any person who can require us to supply your personal information (for example, a regulatory authority).
We may share your personal information with third party suppliers based outside New Zealand. This means your personal information may be processed in an overseas country which does not provide the same level of protection to personal information as in New Zealand.
HOW LONG WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE KEPT FOR?
We keep your personal information for as long as you continue to interact with us via email or our website. Otherwise, we will delete your personal information after six months. If you have been in touch with our events team at TW Events & Incentives, we will keep your personal information for five years.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you and, if you think any of that personal information is wrong, request that we correct it. You can also object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, including marketing.